Support and Maintenance
Support and Maintenance
Traffic and Website Analytics
- Google Analytics: https://analytics.google.com/
- Google Search Console: https://search.google.com/search-console/
Updating Plugins and Theme
Plugins on wordpress tend to be updated very often, almost every other week. It is not necessary to have them updated constantly but it is a good practice to go through the list and update them every 3-4 months. It is also good to have a backup either at WordPress level or Host level before updating themes and plugins.
Your site is SEO optimized. However, further SEO enhancements are always possible. Some things to consider:
- The three most important things for good SEO are: traffic, backlinks and time users stay on site.
- The amount of time that users spend on the site shows Google that the search results have directed users to what they were looking for. It tells Google that the page is valuable and hence Google’s goal is achieved (the goal being to direct users to the right site and what they are looking for). What keeps users on the site is: easy navigation, valuable content and a pleasant experience.
- Backlinks: this refers to the links that other sites have towards your site. The higher the Authority of a site, the more important the backlink is. For example, if National Geographic is linking to your site, then this tells Google that your site is valuable and credible. Building backlinks can be achieved via posting content on social media, registering with business directory listings (e.g. Yelp) and guest posts on high authority sites.
Traffic: in a similar way with backlinks, the more traffic a site has the more important it appears to be on the Google algorithm. Again, social media is a great way to increase traffic.
It is highly recommended that a Google My Business account is registered. A gmail account will most likely be required – which can also be used with Google Analytics. A full profile on Google My Business will promote credibility and also assist in SEO optimization.
- Posting: a great way to increase traffic and credibility. A great tool is https://www.canva.com/en_gb/ and it is important that the same/similar creative material is used as the site.
- Following clients: This is a great way to keep in touch with past clients. Also following the hashtags they follow will give you an insight into same type clients/customers.
- Instagram and stories: Instagram has been growing very fast and is now considered a great source of traffic as well as new business. A solid instagram profile (with highlights) portrays a credible business.
- Profile Pic and Background: Across all social media should reflect the new looknfeel of the site so that it enforces branding consistency.
Hosting - Domain - SSL - Email
- It is important that your hosting, domain, SSL and Email are always up to date in terms of subscription. If any of these expire it can mean a complete loss of the site or email access. Best to keep on auto annual renewal.
Editing The Site (Elementor)
- Your site is built using Elementor. A great source of Elementor tutorials are here:
The site is also utilizing Elementor Pro, Crocoblock suite of elementor plugins, JupiterX suite of elementor plugins.